Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trip to Rexburg

On Tuesday I was talking to my sister, Stephanie, on the phone and we jokingly talked about me going up to Rexburg where she lives to watch her kids while she looked for a job and interviewed and such so she wouldn't have to hire an inexperienced teenager for a few hours. The next morning I was driving with Morgan to Idaho. My first road trip alone. No problemo.
We had fun while there, and Stephanie even got a job!

Thursday we went to Rigby lake to play. It turns out that Morgan is rather afraid of the water. Or maybe it was just too cold for him. He was okay with the very shallow part and loved playing with the sand toys. The water wings ended up being superfluous since he didn't venture out past mid shin. He wouldn't even let me hold him out in the deeper water.
I happened to snap this shot exactly when he put the shovel of lake water to his mouth. It was a full time job to keep him from trying to drink the lake.

Whereas Morgan was timid, his cousins were fearless. They had lots of fun swimming around and even dunking there heads under water.


After a HUGE tantrum that night that lasted way to long, Morgan finally conked out. See how peaceful he is when asleep?
Friday morning it was time to go home. Morgan decided to resume the tantrum. Stephanie decided to document it in pictures. Morgan would only go where I didn't put him. If I wanted him upstairs in the apartment he would try to go downstairs. If it was time to go down to the car, he tried with all his might to stay upstairs. I have no idea what he really wanted, and I kind of doubt that he knew either.


Driving tends to make me drowsy. So, in order to keep my eyelids from drooping we stopped at a rest area on the way home. Morgan was much happier this time. It was quite a pretty stop. When we got back into the car to go, I immediately fell back into the sleepy mode. Tell you what, that makes a four hour drive seem much longer! Though it ended up being a five hour drive since there was traffic and construction everywhere.


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

he's cute, even when he's angry. He's always been the extra good and quiet cousin. Now he's one of the rest! :D

Sure was nice to have you here. Do come again.

jjertmann said...

That was nice of you to go help out your sister! Cute pictures on the bridge!!

kura2025 said...

Sorry for the delay...I blogger-spaced out there for a while. I'd love to look over your writing. Just let me know how to access them. You can also email me at kura2025@hotmail.com

Lora Dawn said...

love the reality shot of "harried mommy", Melanie. You are a hoot.

And I like your new haircut.

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

The bridge picture is in the Morgan Shrine at work now.