Sunday, August 3, 2008

Haircut

I've been wanting to get my hair cut for a long time now. It was long, boring, and unhealthy. So, Friday I finally went and did it. Our budget required that I not go somewhere nice or fancy for the cut, so Dollar Cuts it was. Aaron also got his hair cut.
We went into the place and were told that it would be about a 20 minute wait. Okay, we can do 20 minutes. Almost an hour later it was finally my turn to get my hair cut. I told the lady that I wanted it about shoulder length with layers. And the swoopy bangs. Something similar to this http://www.hair-styles.org/medium-length-hairstyles-11.html
So the stylist started clipping away. There goes the hair, here come the bangs. Then suddenly she hands me a mirror so I can see it in the back. My hair is shorter, and maybe a tiny layer, but that's not what I wanted at all. I try to explain again, and she cuts to about the right length. She gives me the mirror again and I tell her the length looks good. Then she takes off the smock thing they have you wear. I was done? But I didn't fight it. Aaron had been taking care of Morgan, so he couldn't get his hair done yet, we'd already been there for far too long and we had lots of stuff planned for the afternoon.
So, my hair is just chopped. Straight across. I like the bangs, but I don't like the cut at all. I feel like a little girl. I wanted to be perhaps stylish with my hair, something I have never been, but alas, I am not.
I curled it for church today, so you can't tell how dumb the cut looks. But theres the length and bangs.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

the bangs looke great!

Anonymous said...

You have to be very specific about what you want I have learned. For some reason when you say layers they just don't get the concept. You have to say long layers and still sometimes that doesn't work because the beautician has no idea. (Especially at places like Walmart or Dollar cuts) Once my stylist said it would not look good the way I wanted it. I hope you didn't tip her.

Stephanie said...

yeah I hope you didn't tip her too! But I would have because I can't help it.

Nancy said...

I feel your pain. I'm hating my hair right now too. The last 3 haircuts have been disasters.