Friday, September 17, 2010

Dr. Appointment

Today was Lydia's two week dr. appointment. Can you believe she is already two weeks old?! And she's grown too.
Lydia was 6 lbs 15 oz at birth and 19 inches long. She dropped five ounces before leaving the hospital. At two weeks they like to see the baby back up to birth weight. Well, apparently my baby is a good eater because she now weighs 7 lbs 8 oz. And she is 20 1/2 inches long. Her head is 14 1/2 cm. That puts her in the 25th for weight, 75th for height, and I've already forgotten her head percentile. But it's big.
We really like the pediatrician. I had already decided that I liked him before he told us that Lydia had a very pretty face. He sees lots of babies, and he isn't biased, but he recognized that Lydia was exceptionally cute. We, of course, didn't argue.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

she IS exceptionally cute. And I bought her a little winter over-outfit thing today. AND um. The other thing is, Matthias' head was 14.5 cm at birth. That's why I was almost permanently disabled after delivering him. Haha jk but really, doc was feeling around before I pushed him, she said, "oh, what a tiny head!" I wondered why it hurt so bad going through then, and they measured his head and... 14 cm. It was like up 90th percentile I think? Biggest head EVER.
I'm jealous that your baby is still smaller than both my kids were to begin with.