Monday, February 21, 2011

Some Firsts

Lydia has been hitting some milestones recently. Well, I guess "first ride in a stroller" isn't exactly a milestone, but she did have that first a week or so ago when the weather was really nice.




And remember how I was talking about how she couldn't roll over yet? Well, she can now! It happened Friday night, the 18th. I set her down for some tummy time, then she tried to turn her head around to look up at me, and that resulted in her rolling over! And she does it pretty well now. Sometimes she still struggles, if her arm isn't in the right spot, but she is really getting the hang of it. And I think she expects applause and cheers every time.

She's also getting really good at sitting up by herself. Better every day.



She still gets tippy on occasion though. And with the camera delay, that can result in pictures that are taken when I am lowering the camera so I can quickly reach out and catch the baby before she face-plants.

Lydia has also discovered her feet. That's fun to watch.

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Love the first sitting picture..so cute! I just wanna squeeze that little body..love little bodies in those kind of jammies.

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

You know what? In anticipation of moving, work is making us take down our personal stuff, LIKE THE SHRINE! grrr. The new cubes will have even less wall space.

What am I going to do? You keep posting these great pictures. PRobably need to install half a dozen mobiles overhead. :)