Thursday, February 3, 2011

Patterin

Morgan loves patterns. He learned about them from one of the workbooks we've done, and now he loves them. Out of the blue, he will say, "Mommy, I have a new patterin for you. Blue, red, yellow. Blue, red, yellow. That's a patterin!" He says the word funny. Usually he uses colors for his patterns, but has been branching out lately.
Yesterday at dinner he came up with this one. "Sandwich, chicken nuggets, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese. Sandwich, chicken nuggets, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese." Today I realized that that pattern wasn't just another pattern; it's the lunch schedule he's set for himself. Yesterday he had ramen noodles for lunch, so today he declared it was a mac and cheese day.I just asked Morgan for a new pattern. Here is what he gave me. "Green fan, yellow square. Green fan, yellow square."
He's my funny dude.


No comments: