Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ward Campout

A couple weekends ago we went on a ward campout. We drove up with my parents, and even stayed with them in their tent trailer. It was at Camp Ee-De-Haw, or something, near Donnelly. I probably spelt that all wrong. It was on Cascade Lake.
We went up on Thursday, and left Saturday. It wasn't a very warm weekend, and we spent much of it in jackets.
Friday, I sent Morgan with my parents to the ward gathering place. Our camp spot was pretty secluded from the rest of the ward. Anyway, I stayed in the trailer with Lydia until her morning nap was over. We both needed naps, as she cried all night long.
On our way up to everyone else, we met Morgan coming back. He was excited to tell me about going on a boat, his first time, he always wanted to go on a boat. I was bummed I missed it! And no picture to capture it.
Morgan spent most of the time there playing with the other kids, particularly his buddy Jack, who is in his primary class. He had a blast.


The little beach there had a spectacular view of the lake. So pretty. Unfortunately, it wasn't warm enough to get in the water, so Morgan had to settle for playing by it.



Morgan and Jack looking for sharks.





There was a swing set there, so that was fun to play on too.



We went home Saturday, bathed, did laundry, slept. Sunday we rested, enjoyed Fathers Day. Monday we got ready, and went on a huge family campout. Coming soon.

No comments: