Monday, September 19, 2011

Time for a haircut

Morgan needed another haircut, (crazy how much that happens) so I got out the clippers. Because cleanup is always a chore, I chose to cut the hair outside. Plus, I thought it would provide better entertainment for Morgan and Lydia.
At first I let Lydie wander around, but it soon became apparent that I would never get Morgan's haircut, because I had to constantly get Lydie away from the cat dish, or from the goatheads, or from the huge and disgusting animal bone in our yard. So it was to the stroller with her. She got bored.
Here is the before picture. Before his face was washed, and his hair was combed too, it looks like.

Here are some during. I trimmed the sides.

Oh, Morgan insisted that he wanted to look at Lydie the entire time his hair was getting cut, since she is so cute. And he stuck to his guns. I'm sure he looked away from her, but if I asked him to look to the side, or up, or down, he protested on grounds that he wanted to look at Lydia.

After a very long time, I was done. I am slow at cutting hair, Morgan is super wiggly, and there were a lot of distractions. Morgan is not a fan of haircuts by Mommy, because they take too long. Maybe I'll get faster as he grows.
Anyway, finished product.
By the time I was done, Lydia was so ready to get out of the stroller.



1 comment:

The Wilson Family said...

You did a really great job!!! Joseph doens't last more than a month before his hair is growing down his neck and over his ears!