Monday, October 24, 2011


Tomorrow is Morgan's birthday, so there will be another big post coming soon. I figured I should stop procrastinating the post I've been planning on writing about our trip to the Farmstead Pumpkin Patch.

It was just me and the kids. We got there about 4:30, and the weather was fantastic. Before we did any of the cool stuff that Morgan had his eye on, I said we had to get in the giant rocking chair for the photo opp. 

Then we headed to the "corn box." Morgan didn't want to leave it, he had so much fun. Lydia was still just waking up from the car ride, so she was just kinda hanging out.
Then we decided to check out the rope spiderweb.
Morgan asked if he was the spider. I made the mistake of saying, "sure." So he tackled Lydia, the fly. I got him off of her and while making sure she was okay, Morgan went and "caught" another fly, just a random boy playing. That is when Morgan was retired as the spider. Later on, he wanted to go back to the web. I told him he could, but he couldn't touch anybody! Instead he just chased the little girl around, while growling, until she whimpered in fright. Needless to say, we didn't go back to the web after that.

 We did the awkward horse tire swing.
 Morgan became a farmer with a face-less wife.

 I made the kids pose by the pumpkins, but didn't get very good pictures.

This was Morgan's first pony ride (and Lydia's.) Morgan spent the entire ride talking to the gal leading the pony.

Morgan took several pictures for me while Lydie was riding, but most of them were just of me standing in the way of Lydia, and there is a lot of green fence in the way. :)

There was a huge bounce pillow. Morgan had fun, but really had to use the bathroom. And the pony ride made his asthma act up, so jumping was rough. Lydia screamed when we got off.
 They had a corn cannon and a pumpkin cannon. We did the corn cannon because Morgan could reach that one. We didn't hit any targets.
 Then we caught the hayride. Here we are on it.
 It took us to the pumpkin patch where we got out and chose some pumpkins.

We caught the hayride back to the main area and did the cow train.

We did a haybale maze a couple times. We did phase one of the corn maze, which was surprisingly easy. I had a system where we only turned right, and I think that ended up being the most direct route.
When we had finished everything there was to do, Morgan requested that we go back to the corn box.

 We couldn't leave without cotton candy.

Morgan asked to go back soon. I don't think he will, but I'm headed back on Friday. :)


Smullin Family said...

What a blast!!!
We went there as a youth group a few weeks ago. It was almost dark when we got there and we weren't there long enough to do/see everything. I had no idea there was so much to do.. I really missed out. :)

Smullin Family said...

PS- The spider attack made me chuckle. Poor little unsuspecting fly.

The Wilson Family said...

how fun? where is this? it looks like a fun place we found in Dallas last year close to us. all the fun places here are almost an hour away and pricey instead of free. looks like so much fun!

Lora Dawn said...

That corn box looks like a lot of fun. Reminds me of the fun I had as a kid, climbing in dad's wheat storage. Climb a little, munch a little.

What a fun mommy you are.

Chanelson said...

Wow, this looks like the most amazing place ever!