Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dry skin

Morgan has eczema. Right now his left knee seems the most effected. For several months now his knee has been opening and bleeding. It's either bloody, or scabby. And he constantly scratches it. I've tried many things to help, but it just won't heal up. His knee is actually looking much better in this picture than it has for awhile. Sorry if this is too gross to post! Any ideas about how to help? Lately I've been using neosporin then covering it with the gauze and a baby sock with the toe cut out. (And yet Morgan STILL manages to get to it sometimes.) But if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them!

4 comments:

SouthfieldFam said...

We have the same problem at our house! once teh skin is cracked, I have a prescription cream that I use, but to prevent the cracking I found that Goldbond healing lotion (12.99 for TWO bottles at costco) is amazing! I haven't had to use the prescription stuff in forever! WE had tried EVERYTHING, including several things from the Dr, but goldbond does the trick for us! I can show you the bottle if you want to see what it looks like!

Melanie said...

Thanks Jessica, I'll have to look for that!

Bobbi said...

We haven't had it that bad, poor guy, but when Dillon has it really bad I use a lotion from Aveeno specifically for excema. Also, I've seen you mention before that Morgan is allergic to milk, right? Does he have a problem with all dairy? Excema is one of the side affects of that allergy. I would try adjusting his diet to avoid all of it and see if that helps clear things up.

A.Lee said...

I wish I had read this post before you moved because I have my own special concoction that I use--I could have given you some. I mix 4 parts medical grade lanolin (like lansinoh for breastfeeding), 2 parts vaseline (makes it spreadable), few drops of: glycerin, vitamin e oil and lavender oil. That is a bad case of excema. I hope you find something that works.