Sunday, January 11, 2009

In my head

Yay for journals. Here we go.

April 2, 2002

I’m so filled with snot, it’s unbelievable.
Gross, I know, but it made me laugh.

Today on my way to piano lessons, we were stopped at a red light in the front of the line and a cute guy on his bike rode in front of us, as he went by, he smiled. Oh lovely! That made me happy.
Ah, but he smiled at me, which is the most important part.

May 4, 2002
I was writing about my Grandmothers funeral and the events surrounding it. We had a big family dinner the night before the funeral which included many of my dad's cousins and their kids. Kolleen is Dad's cousin, and the hostess of the dinner.
Kolleen has a really cute son my age named Cody. Too bad we are related-no, not that it matters.

Just to be clear, I was saying it didn't matter simply because I knew that even if he weren't my 2nd cousin once removed or whatever, I would still never have any sort of relationship with him.

May 5, 2002
Okay, so I have this rather amusing anecdote written in my journal about a time that my sister and I took a raft to Lake Lowell to row around in. I considered just posting the whole two-paged entry here, but went for this approach instead.
It was a windy day and even though we were advised not to go, we were stupid. Two weakling girls who are inexperienced at rowing in a big blow up raft are no match to the winds and the waves. Soon we were well off course from where we wanted to be and all our efforts to get back were futile. And then...

After awhile we spot this speed boat headed full speed, straight at us. It didn’t look as if they were going to stop. It almost appeared like they were on a murder mission. So we turned the boat and rowed hard trying to outrun the motor boat, (yeah right) but they turned the motor off and we could see that it was a police boat.
Then they questioned us, had us show them our life jackets and even offered to pull us back to the little inlet where we docked, which my sister politely refused. Doh!

Eventually we gave up and let the wind take us to the next inlet. Lake Lowell is surrounded by trees and plants that grow all around in the water, which would make it impossible to get a raft to shore at any ol' place. They have certain spots that have been cleared where you can take your boats. So we went to the next one, still barely making it in before the wind carried us away even further.
But it stank really bad and the water was black. Plus there was a killer fish out to get our souls. It kept flapping everywhere and went under the raft and flapped at our butts. It was probably trying to tip us over.
We got out eventually and realized that we weren't in one of the designated docking spots after all. We had no way to get to the road because there were not one, but TWO barbed wire fences between us and the road. We were in a restricted area. A national wild life refuge. And we still had to drag a very heavy 6-man raft way back to our car. Miserable.

I missed mutual because we took so long. Mom wasn’t happy. Mutual was thinning apricots at the church orchard. I wasn’t too sad.
Gah! Such a wicked soul, I was.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

ha! I have my own account, which I think I shall post later for comparative reasons!