Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pregnancy Update

Well, I went in for an Dr. appointment yesterday. Morgan came with because there wasn't an alternative that was any easier, and he cracked up the Dr. the whole time. But we had another little ultrasound to see if baby girl had turned yet. And...she had! Yay!

Two weeks left today. I am so ready. Well, I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore, so if this little one decided to come a little early, I would be thrilled! We're all excited to meet her.

I'm totally not sleeping well at all. In fact, I honestly think that I will start sleeping better when the baby is here and only waking me up 3-4 times a night. As it is now, I have to get out of bed all groggy and with the sore muscles and tired eyes that indicate a lack of sleep. At least with a baby, the hours that she's not awake, my sleep may actually be unbroken. Complain, complain, complain.

Yesterday I had Aaron take a picture of me because I was wearing a the same shirt that I wore with my 8-9 month shot when I was pregnant with Morgan. I look horrible in both pictures, but here is a comparison.

The angle is slightly different, but oh well. This is yesterday.
This is with Morgan.
I am carrying this baby higher, though it might not be too obvious in the photos. I also think my face isn't as chubby, which also isn't clear from the pictures. But yesterday the picture was taken from low, so of course you are going to see extra double chin!

Morgan is very affectionate with my belly. He's always giving "the baby" hugs and kisses and he talks to her, tells her he loves her, that she is just so cute, etc. I have a hard time keeping my belly covered when I'm sitting down because Morgan always has to come up and lift my shirt to talk to his sister. He's a sweetheart.


Because Morgan got a picture with Mommy, he insisted on being fair and getting one with daddy too. :)

6 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

So glad the baby turned. Yea, last days are oh so long. Will be happily awaiting the news.

Smullin Family said...

Yay! Good news.

What are you going to name her...or have you decided yet?

Any day now...and not soon enough. :)

A.Lee said...

I am so anxious for you to have your baby girl and hopefully get some really good sleep. So exciting!!

Nancy said...

Good luck with the end of the pregnancy. I remember not being able to sleep as well and thinkking I would get more sleep once she was born. At least the sleep you do get is "sleep" once they're born. Good luck... can't wait to see pictures!

SouthfieldFam said...

SO glad she decided to cooperate for you! I can't wait to see pictures of her! Morgan is going to be the sweetest big brother! Does baby girl Nelson have a name yet?

Dustin and Cassie said...

Good Luck and hope the next little bit goes by fast for you! Girls are so much fun!!!!