Monday, April 28, 2008

Aerobics

Our stake here has an aerobics class 5 days a week. It's awesome. A church building on my street, (though it's easy walking distance, it is still not the closest building to us) is where it takes place. There is a closet in the gym full of aerobic steps, mats, and weights. I think it's great that this activity is approved in the church. Anyway, Monday is a step class, Tuesday is a pilates lower body work out with weights (this one impairs my ability to walk for at least 3 days) Wednesday is a kick boxing work out, (especially fun) Thursday is upper body pilates with weights, and Friday, as far as I have seen, is Yoga. But I think they do other things on Friday's sometimes. Yoga makes my me shake uncontrollably. I'm a weakling. But the hour or more workout every week day is just what I needed. I try to do the little exercise DVD's on my own, but usually I go through phases when I just don't. And if I get tired it is much easier to wimp out early when I'm all alone. This keeps me motivated and it's more fun, and I get social interaction. Plus, everyone just brings there kids and lets them play in the back of the gym with a bucket of toys.
It pretty much kicks my butt every day, but I hope that soon I will be more equal to the task. Oh, and everyday we work on abs at the end. I didn't know there were so many ways of doing that. So many painful, exhausting ways. Oy. It's great.

2 comments:

jjertmann said...

That's crazy! I wish they did something like that here!

Stephanie said...

wow!
Melanie I love you.