Monday, June 9, 2008

My helper??

Morgan learns quickly from watching. He observes, learns, and puts to practice. It's usually fun to see. Sometimes it's not. He has seen me cleaning toilets. He observed that I retrieve Comet from under the sink, sprinkle it into the toilet, then get the toilet brush from under the sink and swish it around the blue water. A pretty fun way to play in the toilet, no? Well I don't think so, but apparently Morgan does.
This is how I found him.

I hope that the white on his chin doesn't mean he sampled the bleach before dumping the entire can into the toilet. What you can't see is that his shorts are also completely covered in the detergent.


Ah, the toilet. I wasn't planning on cleaning it today, but now it is sparklingly clean.

Though it's now empty, Morgan even put back the can of cleaner. I found it under the sink where it belongs. I hope this means that Morgan is going to be a clean person. Someone who picks up after himself and doesn't mind helping mom with chores around the house. :)

4 comments:

SouthfieldFam said...

from my experience, once they are big enough to really be good at chores, they aren't interested anymore! Not in toilets anyways! My girls will sweep and mop though so I'll take what I can get!

jjertmann said...

How cute. I guess he's fine even if he did taste test the cleanser!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I love it. He is so cute. He just wants to be mommy's little helper.

Nancy said...

Our boys are doing similiar things so I love to read your blog. Jaron has learned to open the fridge, which is quite worrisome. He hasn't found the cleaning agents yet, but he did throw his binkie in the toilet the other day. What was he thinking? Gross!