Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things

Now it's the washing machine. Today, being my laundry day, I put the first load in the washer and started it and left. I went to aerobics. I returned and was going to switch that load to the dryer and start another. But wha? Why is there water filled to the brim of the washer still? I'll tell you. It's broken. It won't drain. The other parts work. Like, it will fill, it will swish, but it won't spin and drain. Very troubling indeed.

Currently Morgan is in his crib calling my name. It is better than the crying he was doing earlier. He is refusing to take a nap and I am refusing to take no for an answer. Am I horrible? When I go into his room to remind him that he's supposed to be sleeping he lays down, requests his blanket, which I put on him and he cuddles with his teddy and make a convincing case that he is finally going to nap. But then I leave and he cries and we start over again.

The other day Morgan snuck the bottle of Ketchup out of the fridge when I had it open. He managed to open the top and was trying to drink the sauce out before I confiscated it. He does love his ketchup, but this is a level that I never hoped to see.

Food. When I'm not pregnant I have for lunch nearly every day a package of Ramen Noodles. Pork flavored, if I have it. When I am pregnant ramen sounds gross. And when I eat it anyway because that's all we have, it IS gross. When I'm pregnant I love macaroni and cheese as well as Spaghettio's with meatballs or canned ravioli. Some people think that's disgusting. It's okay if you do too. Oh, and fruit. Fruit it wonderful. Another strange change is my sweet tooth. When I am pregnant I only have one. When I am not pregnant, they are all sweet teeth. We have had a package of Oreo's for at least 3 weeks. It's only half way gone! That would never happen if I didn't have the crazy chemical imbalances that go with pregnancy. By the way, today I am 13 weeks.

2 comments:

SouthfieldFam said...

Congrats on being out of your first trimester! Are you going to find out the baby's gender? Any names yet? Good luck with the washer!

Melanie said...

We will find out the gender. Names are harder to decide on though. We like Lydia for a girl, but we don't agree much for boys.