Monday, December 14, 2009

The sky is falling?

Late last night, or early this morning, I awoke to a frightened call from across the hall. It went like this: "I don't like it, Mommy, I don't like it!" Followed by a long wail. So I rushed from my warm bed to comfort my child. I entered his room and he was pointing at the ceiling, "I don't like it! It's falling down!" I looked up. He was pointing at the air intake vent right above his bed. Let me assure you, it was not falling down. However, when the heater turns off it makes some strange knocking sounds. The heater had just turned off.
I put my hand on Morgan's chest to comfort him and felt his little heart pounding furiously. And he was shaking. I gave him hugs to comfort him, then put a couple extra blankets on him, one of which he promptly covered his face with and kept his head covered as I left the room.

Oh. A funny thing he said the other day. It was night time and we were outside and it was starting to snow. Morgan looked up at the snowflakes descending toward him and said something like, "Look! The stars are coming down!"

1 comment:

Megan said...

Such a cutie! Love it!