Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Crochet


A few weeks ago my sister-in-law, Chanel, taught me how to crochet. I found the activity to be quite enjoyable and have finished my first two projects. The first one I did was a scarf for Morgan. Don't look to close. The next thing I made was a baby blanket for a friend who just had a baby boy. I kind of took forever.


Oh, and Chanel didn't teach me how to switch to a different ball of yarn, we didn't get that far, so to get the different colors going I just tied the ends of different colors together with a square knot and hoped it would stay. It hasn't. When I was making the finishing touches I noticed that EVERY SINGLE one of those knots had come undone. It didn't unravel or anything, but it wasn't going to last long. Too bad I was never a boyscout, maybe I would know a thing or two about good knot-tying.

1 comment:

SouthfieldFam said...

I am just learning too! My Aunt is teaching me to crochet baby beanies with flowers on them for Kenzie! It's not as hard as I thought it might be and I actually enjoy it quite a bit!