Friday, February 29, 2008

Sleepy, sleepy Morgan

Morgan's regular sleeping routine is thus: wake up around 8-8:30, take an afternoon nap around 1-2 for 1 1/2-2 hours, and then to bed around 9-9:30. On Wednesday he woke up at the normal time, then my niece and nephew came over to be babysat and at 10:00 we headed to playgroup. Morgan is a pretty active boy; not hyper necessarily, but busy. He always loves to play at different houses because there are new things to see and toys to play with. Wednesday was an exception. Morgan was very sensitive, and cried passionately about things that normally wouldn't bother him. So I held him in a little rocker and he cuddled and fell asleep. !!! This is behavior that is very strange for Morgan. Later that day he took his regular afternoon nap. Then at almost 6 in the evening he crawled up onto the couch by me with his bottle and went to sleep again. So I put him in his crib. He didn't wake up until 7:30. In the morning. And then he went back to sleep at 8:00 and slept for another 2 hours. CRAZY! He had a little bit of a fever sometimes, but other than that he just seemed very tired. But now things are back to normal.

3 comments:

Kevin Nelson said...

How weird. Plus, you'll probably never know exactly what the problem was. More than likely he was sick, as you suspected.

What a lucky boy to have you for his mommy.

Love, Dad Nelson

Christine said...

Hey Mel,
That is strange behavior, maybe he is getting some molars. I know when Kaien got his he was very sensitive about EVERYTHING!! I didn't realize it until I felt back there when I saw him chewing on his fingers.

Love ya

Bobbi said...

My kids did this same thing a couple weeks ago - all of them. Fevers and very lathargic. No other symptoms. I finally took Maggie in because she seemed to have it worse than the others and her ped said there is a virus going around called the "Fever Virus". It just causes a fever and nothing else. weird. I hope he's feeling better.