Monday, June 15, 2009

He LOVES me!

A little late, but here is the journal entry.

May 30, 2004
Whoa, I think I was past the falling asleep stage when I last wrote. What I was saying is that I suggested an essay exchange. His essay, and my paper with the better responses. He didn't know about mine, so I think his curiosity got the better of him, and he agreed. The date of the exchange was set for the next night.
Well, on Friday, my family was going camping at the Bruno Sand Dunes. I wasn't going to go at first, but then I changed my mind. I did, however, invite Aaron. Mom said I should. The best part is, is that he accepted! I didn't go till after work. Aaron and I drove together. We got a late start, and arrived around 9:00-9:30. I'm glad I went. I glad Aaron went. We made a fire, roasted marshmallows, talked and laughed. When everyone was getting ready for bed, Aaron and I went to his car for an essay trade. Aaron was very hesitant. He wanted to read mine first, and then he would decide whether or not he would give me his. He did. Read it.

And here's the part where you pause to read the inserted letter from Aaron. But you don't get to! I get to keep some things private. :) And continuing.

He loves me! Can you believe it? After I read it I did kind of pause awkwardly, and I felt bad. I didn't know what to say. I told him I would write a letter.
The next morning we played on the dunes. It was lots of fun. I drove home with Aaron.
Last night we talked at the baseball place. I told Aaron that I loved him. It was hard, but I did it. Now we say it all the time. Well, once again the sleeping fairies are calling.

I am so weird. So, we loved each other. I didn't tell him immediately that I loved him too because I thought he would think that I was just saying it because he did. And I didn't want to be one of those people who think they are in love with every crush. So I did the mature thing to do and waited one whole day before returning those three words. :)
To this day we will still sometimes write letters to each other to better explain things and communicate. Writing is sometimes much more effective that way.

No comments: