Friday, May 16, 2008

Big and pregnant

Warning! Rant ahead!

I'm secretly (not a secret anymore!) hoping that I'm having twins, simply for the justification I would receive with my already pregnant appearance. With Morgan I was wearing my regular pants until I was in my 7th month. I even had a size 5 pair of pants that I wore to work all the time when I was very pregnant! I never fit back into those... :( This time around, my much larger sized pants are already getting very tight, my shirts make me look like a stuffed sausage, and I'm only 2 months preggers. Now, I know that your 2nd pregnancy and on you will show sooner than your first, do to stretched ligaments and such, but this much?!
Today I flipped through a photo album that had side pictures of pregnant me. They were spaced about a month apart and were meant to illustrate how much my tummy grew each month. At 9 weeks I look about the same size as I did when I was 4 1/2 pregnant with Morgan.
So what do you do? Lay off the food? Nope! That would make me oh so sick. Eat healthier? Eh. I don't think I'm doing awful. Like last time, my sweet tooth nearly vanished and I rarely eat sugary things. I'm big in to fruits and veggies. (And Toquito's.) Exercise more? Here I must admit that I have taken a break from the aerobic class that I'd been attending. Last time I went it made me extra nauseous, and I just don't have any energy. (I do plan on attending once the morning sickness fades though) Also, I refuse to break out the packed away maternity clothes yet. Too soon! They would only serve to make me look even farther along than I do already. So the way I see it, my only option is to silently hope for twins. I'll deal with the double crying and feeding and birthing later. For now I just want an excuse for my pre-mature abdomen engorgement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK--If it will help you feel better, I'll go back & vote for twins.

It is a dilemna though, the fickle body that grows as it pleases.

Jana

A*Waite said...

Hey I am pulling for multiples on my first pregnancy. I figure it is a package two for one deal. I hope you have twins too!
amber

Tiffany Hales said...

I am so sorry, it sucks! No other way to put it. Stop at two, don't make the agony worse!

jjertmann said...

Welcome to the club. Only I joined it for my first pregnancy too. I had to wear maternity at two months for both of them. It ain't cool. I hope its twins though! That would be so fun.

Bobbi said...

Are you nuts woman?! :) I always said that people that wish for twins deserve them. ;) For the record I had NO indications I was having twins until my first scan. It was a total shock! On the other hand, twins or not, your body just knows what to do the 2nd time around. It says "hey, I remember this." Sad but true. Wait till number 5. lol