Friday, May 9, 2008

Dinosaur Museum

A few weeks ago my parents came to visit for my cousins mission farewell. While they were here we went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. Aaron probably had the most fun, reading all the plaques and learning everything there is to know about dinosaurs and taking way longer than the rest of the party. :) But Morgan had lots of fun too. He didn't care too much about the bones and fossils as he did about the kid stations. There was a cave at one point that Morgan loved and remembered where it was. Even when we were far past that point he would escape and run back to the cave. It was kind of exhausting.
My dad thought to bring his camera, so he took the pictures. Thanks Dad!

They had this big tub thing of water and sand and little trees and dinosaurs that you could play with and make islands or whatever. Morgan was too short.

One of the kid stations. Morgan is wearing a little dinosaur apron thing. He didn't want to leave this station.



Morgan riding the ceratops-sort of dinosaur.


At the end of the museum they had big sandboxes full of bones that kids could go and use little paint brushes to uncover them. Morgan didn't do much of the excavating, but he did have fun in the sand with the brushes!

7 comments:

jjertmann said...

We really want to take the kids to the dinosaur museum. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

That last picture is going up on my Morgan wall.
Cute!!!!!!!

--Jana

Tiffany Hales said...

My kids love the water/sand/ thing. When Morgan get taller, just bring a chair he will never leave! I am glad you had fun.

SouthfieldFam said...

I have heard of that museum and have always wanted to take the kids there! Glad to hear that it's fun!

Nancy said...

Sign me up for that! I'll have to take Jaron there next time we're in Utah. (who knows when that will be!) Morgan looks so cute! Perfect age for all that stuff!

Treasa said...

I start my job on Wednesday. I'm not a big fan of the hours though. 11:30am-8:00pm. I guess I can't really work regular hours if I want calls from Japan though.
The dinosaur museum looks like tons of fun! I can't wait to have kids and do fun stuff like that with them. I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Ahh! dinosaurs!! Nothing captures the finer imaginations than dinosaurs. I've loved them ever since I was his age. Arielle and I went to that musuem two eyars ago and had a blast. Odd, she had the same compaint about me taking too long reading all the displays.

I've lived long enough now that some of my favorite dinosaurs have been repurposed. When I was young the Sauropods were all thought to be water-loving herbivors. More recent thought is that they also loved teh land and could possible have stood on their hind lges to reach up and eat the leaves off the tops of the trees.

Mmmm! A lifetime of curiosity lies ahead of Morgan .. led, of course, by his always curious daddy.

Love, Dad Nelson