Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food!

Ah, food. We all eat it. Morgan eats it. I've considered myself lucky that Morgan isn't a very picky eater and more often than not finishes everything on his plate. Now I'm beginning to worry though. Am I feeding him too much? How much is too much? If I continue at this rate will Morgan get unhealthily over weight?
For breakfast Morgan usually has a bowl of cereal. His bowl is filled nearly as much as mine and he eats every morsel. For lunch he might have chicken nuggets. He eats six of them because that is how many I give him. If I gave him seven he would probably eat them all. Morgan can and does eat a whole can of Spaghettios all by himself! For dinner I'll fill his plate with whatever we're having, (barring broccoli, he won't eat that) and he polishes it off most of the time. A whole baked potato, a HUGE serving of spaghetti, (I think it's probably his favorite food). He even eats healthy servings of green salad.
So, all of you experienced parents out there, should I cut down on the serving sizes? Morgan isn't fat, he doesn't have the fat rolls or anything, but he isn't a little skinny twig. He's very sturdy. So what should I do?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about more fruit? Less starch

Jana

Anonymous said...

stop feeding him for a week.

Stephanie said...

don't worry. Soon, he'll hit a phase where it seems like he never eats anything and you'll wonder if he's going to starve. Don't put him on a diet or anything.

Bobbi said...

I'd let him be and count your blessings that you have one that will eat. :) Like stephanie said, one day he'll wake up and decide he won't eat and you'll worry if he's starving. Keep up the good work!

SouthfieldFam said...

Ryker is in the eat everything phase and having just come out of the eat nothing phase, I would say be grateful he eats! It's always up and down with the appetite of kids! Some days I think my kids my explode if they eat another bite and other times I am convinced they are starving to death! :o)

jjertmann said...

I agree. Enjoy it while it lasts. Clara was like that and now she won't eat anything. And I think sturdy is good.