Saturday, July 19, 2008

Haircut

On Monday I decided to give Morgan a haircut. I put a chair in the bathroom, sat Morgan in it, propped up a little mirror so Morgan could watch, (the bathroom mirror was too high for Morgan to see it) and set to work. Aaron was still at work, so I had no other adult help. Before we had used a beard trimmer to cut the back and sides of Morgan's hair. I got it out but when I tried to turn it on nothing happened. Great. Dead. I failed to realize that I needed only to plug it in. I didn't know there was a plug. I just knew the battery had died. So now my only resources were a comb and regular household scissors. Now Morgan has unbecoming steps in his hair. Ugh. But it's shorter and he doesn't wake up with tangles and snarls.

I took this picture the next day. I spiked his hair. I think it's cute. I don't know why Morgan is crying in these pictures, but I really wanted to get a photo of his hair cut, so I took them anyway.

I think that as Morgan ages he gets more hyper. He loves to jump and play on our bed. What he's doing here is lifting his legs way up and then slamming them down. (Probably a great lower ab workout!) He plays this game at bedtime when I put a blanket on him. That sure makes it difficult. Sometimes he lays on the couch next to me and plays this game. Not fun for Mommy! Especially when he has shoes on. That's the best way to get Mommy angry real quick.

2 comments:

jjertmann said...

Its really cute! That's funny about the battery thing. I didn't realize you could plug it in either, the first time I used them. Now you know!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, Thank you a million times again for your stories and pictures.

Aunt Angela would surely appreciate Morgan's spikes.

--Jana