Thursday, July 10, 2008

Impossible Puzzle

I love doing jigsaw puzzles. It's therapeutic to me. I can sit down and work on a puzzle for hours at a time and am always surprised at how quickly the time flies. I recently got one of those boxes that have 10 puzzles in them. I have done them all but one. The one I saved for last seemed like it would be most difficult. I underestimated. This is by far the hardest puzzle I have ever attempted and it's only 500 pieces. I have a card table that I do puzzles on and the 500 piece ones will stay on the table for 2 days at the most.

This picture represents HOURS of work. I took this picture several days after I started the puzzle. The picture was taken on July 1. The puzzle is STILL on my card table with several more hours of work put into it and it doesn't look much closer to being finished than you see here. This puzzle isn't so therapeutic. Aaron doesn't believe that I will finish it, but indeed I will!


Take a look at those pieces, will you? ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME! Black and white with varying shades of gray. No ground, no sky, just countless zebras ruining my zeal for jigsaws. *Sigh*

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! Only two colors in the whole puzzle, no wonder it's hard!

jjertmann said...

Holy Cow! I think I would go blind.