Monday, July 14, 2008

Impossible Puzzle Vanquished!

Remember that black and white striped puzzle? Yeah, me too. I finally finished it! It only took me two weeks, but it's done. I decided to try a new strategy yesterday and I was surpirsed at how well it actually worked. I separated all the pieces of a like kind into piles. There are 6 different kinds of pieces. I call them: standard, alien head, bubble end, triplet, arrow, and person. Then I would find a place on the puzzle that had at least 2 sides surrounding it and then would try all the pieces that would conceivable go there. This would be 3 different types at any given time. This method of elimination worked much better than looking at all the pieces at one time, trying to find one that would fit anywhere. Anyway, I'm done! Aaron even helped some. He suggested I glue it to a board and mount it like a trophy, but instead I un-did it and stuck it in the box. Now I can start a new puzzle.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

well I'll be darned.

SouthfieldFam said...

That makes my eyes hurt just looking at it! Congrats! That was a serious puzzle!

Moms Are Contagious said...

Wow! That looks quite difficult! Congrats for finishing it!

Bobbi said...

ugh! That gives me a headache just looking at it.