Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yard Sale!

Today was a first for me. Today was the first time that I went out looking for a yard sale with intent to buy! I take that back. Today was the first day that I FOUND a yard sale after going out looking for one with the intent to buy. Last week I tried too. But after getting run off the road buy at least 100 loud motorcycles I wasn't in a happy mood and ended my search early. I never have found the whole yard sale thing appealing, and I don't know why. I just went to one and spent all the money I had for it.

When Aaron turned 2 years old his parents got him an easel. He liked it and always wanted Morgan to have one. I found this one at the yard sale for $4. The other side is a dry erase marker board. Morgan already loves it.


I also found and Elmo doll. It was only a buck and since Morgan loves Elmo I bought it. He was very excited when I brought it home. It's not very cuddly, as there is a large battery pack inside it. I don't even know if it would work with fresh batteries.
I also got 8 books for Morgan and the game Catch Phrase. In all I spent $11. I'm a yard sale convert.

4 comments:

jjertmann said...

Good deals! We just bought Clara an easel for Christmas from Ikea. I thought we got a pretty good deal but yours was better! And I love catch phrase. You also got a better deal on that one.

Anonymous said...

You are doing the right thing to give him a creative outlet. Chalk, easels, crayons, clay, finger paint--the building blocks of childhood fun.
Cheap fun.
small word of advice: monitor the pencil, marker, crayon situation vigilantly or art will appear NOT on the easel.

--Jana

Melanie said...

Oh, the artwork has been appearing all over. Walls, bedspreads, books, (some from the library!)and the couch.
You know how when a dog does something bad you are supposed to rub their noses in the pittle or someething and shout "bad!"? Well, when Morgan took green ink to the bedspread made by the Nelson grandparents I pointed to the mark and said "naughty". Now he calls that mark naughty.

Christine said...

Yes yes yes, hurray for yard sales. We love bargain shopping lately. We are always doing yard sales and Savers etc. in search of good books or just anything of cheap worth. Hee hee, cheep worth...

Chris