Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eww Gross!

A few nights ago, probably around 11:30, we were almost asleep. Aaron tells me that he heard a BZZZZZZZZZ Thump! and then a chirp. I didn't hear any of this. I was brought to further awareness when Aaron suddenly jerked and started. Then he apologized and turned on the bedside lamp. "Ah-hah!" He says, then picks up something from off the bed which started hissing! What the? Aaron said he heard the sounds I mentioned above, but didn't think much of them, since he was almost asleep. However, when something started crawling up his leg that was sticking out of the blanket, he was much more awake and swatted at the invisible intruder.

What you see here is a Long-Horned Beetle. Gross! They're huge, they FLY and they hiss! They are also known to sneak into homes in the middle of the night and invade the beds of the sleeping occupants. So Gross! I'm just glad it didn't land on me.


Besides this huge bug and the crickets that have moved in, I've noticed an influx in spiders. In fact, the other day I found a Black Widow in a nice web in the corner of the ceiling in our garage. Aaron failed to do his manly duty by dispatching of it when I reported it to him, and the next day it was gone. Mysteriously. Now I'm afraid of the garage. It could be anywhere! I just hope it isn't inside the house!

No comments: