Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oh how festive!

I am not a particularly crafty person. I enjoy doing them when the opportunity is thrust at me, but I don't go out and find things to do on my own. I don't really have the know-how. That is why I'm so proud of myself for this little fall-floral arrangement. Honestly, it might look tacky and amature to the trained eye, but my eye isn't trained, so I kind of like it.

A few months ago we got a beautiful basket of flowers from somebody. When the flowers died I plucked them out of the green foamy stuff and for several months I was displaying a basket with green foamy stuff on my piano. I finally went and bought some fake flowers and stuff and made this arrangement. I plan to do one for each season.

4 comments:

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

Sweet,it looks good to me. But I have your same affliction--not a scintila of decorating talent.

Tell you what. When Grandpa Ison died, my work sent a nice plant in a cool basket. It featured lots of live greenery, some white silk poinsettia flowers, and a big white bow. It looked lovely for as long as I watered it.

The bow and poinsettia leaves still look lovely amidst wads of crackly brown dead stuff. How bout I bequeath the cute basket to you? Your fall arrangement proves you can make more of it than I ever will.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Melanie. I like it. It is beautiful like you.

Melanie said...

Who are you?

Tiffany Hales said...

I am impressed! You need to come hang out with me and I will have you wipped up into craft shape no time, you will go from novice to expert!