Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Splurge!

Aaron and I were in need of pants, so we went to Ross. Yay Ross! While Aaron was digging through the mens pants section I perused the toddler clothes. I hadn't planned on getting anything for Morgan, but there were some seriously cute outfits at great prices! Plus, we are at the tail end of the hand-me-downs and come colder weather Morgan won't have much to wear. So, I loaded the cart with everything that was cute. Then I sheepishly showed Aaron. I thought maybe we'd get one outfit. He helped me eliminate some, I eliminated some more, then we were left with 4. All of them super cute, and the most expensive of the 3 piece outfits was $13.99. How to eliminate? Aaron was willing to let go of the outfit with the levi jacket, but I wasn't. I liked it more than him. And he'd need a Sunday outfit. And the brown leather and fur lined jacket outfit couldn't go because the jacket was so cute and practical. It would work great for the days not quite cold enough for a full on coat. And Aaron loved the outfit with the light brown jacket. So, with the rationalization that we would save 2 outfits for his birthday and put them toward the birthday budget, we bought all four. I never do this. I really don't like spending money, (call me frugal, a spend thrift or penny pincher or whatever, you will probably be right) so this was not normal for me. In fact, besides maternity pants, the pair I got that day was only the 3 pair purchased since we were married. And that's only because my other two pairs of jeans recently became not very usable. (A hole in the crotch of one and compound-W spilled all over the other, making them look like painting pants.)

7 comments:

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

Thrifties of the world--UNITE!!
Hey, every marriage needs one.

That Morgan is going to be an awfully handsome clothes horse.

SouthfieldFam said...

SO cute! I wouldn't have been able to eliminate one of those either! Won't he be the handsome prince!

A*Waite said...

Love the new clothes. You deserve a new pair of pants! I am glad that you found something for you too.

Tiffany Hales said...

So glad you are back from your trip, I missed reading your blog, but I LOVED reading all about your trip. All I have to say, is that many people in one car, including children, you are a very BRAVE woman. Much more so than me!

I LOVE the new clothes. I expect a picture of Morgan in each outfit. He is going to look adorable!

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

Wait just one minute!!!!
Are those maternity pants for your hope chest or your body?!??!

Melanie said...

No no, you misunderstood. I have purchased 3 pairs of pants for myself since we were married if you don't count the maternity pants that I got when I was pregnant.

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

bummer
Kevin misinterpreted it too.
double bummer