Sunday, September 14, 2008

Journals!

Recently I've been reading my old journals. I started keeping a journal when I was seven years old and am now on my seventh volume. Here they all are, from my first to my current.

Right now I am reading my journal from 1998-2001. So, I was 14-16 years old. And I was weird. It's really very entertaining to read. Even though I have a pretty darned good memory there is a lot that I apparently forgot. I am happy to announce that my hand writing has definitely improved since I was fourteen. But my journal writing habits have worsened. I used to be much more faithful than I am now. Gah.

Here is the front inside cover of that journal. It lists all my crushes and some other randomnesses that I can't account for.
The back cover, bad quality photo of bad quality doodles. How old was I again? Seriously!

Here are some of my favorite passages from this journal. I will give them to you just as they are in the book. Bad punctuation and spelling included.

July 30, 1998 - "Today is Jason's birthday. He turned 12. I had to get up at 8:15 just to watch him open his preasants. I was hoping to sleep in."
These days, if I got to sleep until 8:15 it would be a marvelous day!

August 6, 1998 - How's this for poor misunderstood teenager? "Nobody knows me that well. They think I'm just a stupid lowlife with no feelings at all. I'm not understood." It goes on, but I will spare you, (and my pride) and stop it there.

January 17, 1999 - "When I'm married I want to have 8 kids, 4 girls and 4 boys. If I do I will name them, Brittany, Ashley, Tiffany, Jennifer, Zackary, Erik, Kenny and Jacob or Matthew. But maybe in a couple of years they will all be differant. Cause I like alot of names I didn't put on here. If I had twin boys I'd name them Jacob and Joshua, If I had twin girls I'd name them Heidi and Haily, if they were one boy and one girl I'd name them Matthew and Michelle. But if my husband had any of these names I wouldn't use them."
Honestly, I wouldn't mind having 8 kids still, but really, the only name that I would consider for a child is Zachery. I still like that name.

April 11, 1999 - Speaking of a certain boy, "I probly sound obsessed. I don't think I am, I just think my harmons are at my strongest." Tee hee! This makes me a little bit embarrassed, but it's funny to me. By the way, that would by hormones, not harmons.

April 25, 1999 - "Yesterday was Saturday, another word for that would be yardwork day."

I'll leave it at that, since I suspect that I enjoy this much more than anyone else would. :)

7 comments:

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

I am laughing and laughing. What could be more hilarious than the thoughts of a teenage girl who admits harmon problems and can't sleep in as late as she wants? It shows whats truly important at that moment in time.

Maybe angels won't quote from it, but if you ever get to teach MIA, the girls will enjoy if you quote from it.

I'm glad you find it entertaining and not something to be trashed because of embarrassment.

I didn't start journaling until 18 and what's embarrassing about the next 4 college years is that not once did I mention attending classes or studying anything. It was 4 years of crush after crush after crush and roommate dramas.

Tiffany Hales said...

So you still want EIGHT kids? Or has one kid made you re-think that? Seriously so FUNNY, I had to pick myself up off the floor from the laughter and dry the tears from my eyes! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

funny indeed

kura2025 said...

At least you have the courage not just to keep those old journals but to also go back and reread them. My kids will assume I didn't start journaling until I turned 20 b/c every entry prior to that age has been burned or shredded. Posterity shmosterity...there's no way I'd let my kids read that stuff :)

tmataitusi said...

This is hysterical! I have a 14 year old avid journal-writer. I'll have to show her your post and see if it sounds familiar to her. It sure sounds familiar to me!!! Oh to have such harmon problems! tee hee

A*Waite said...

I love journals, it is crazy what truth they reveal!

Anonymous said...

Yard work day. I like that. I think I will start calling it yard work day.