Sunday, May 24, 2009

My First Kiss

Here's a particularly juicy bit of Aaron and Melanie history. Which also makes it particularly embarrassing. Don't be harsh.

May 5, 2004

Let this go down in history as the day that Melanie Dawn Martin was first kissed! Yesiree! I am no longer a VL! Aaron finally kissed me! Well I guess "finally" isn't a word that really fits. It's not like I've been waiting for a long time. We've not been dating that long. Okay, so here's some history. Last night a big group of us went to Shari's for Melissa's birthday, and then to Aaron's for a movie. I had a most enjoyable time snuggling with him. Ten he took me home. He said, "I've been wondering when I should kiss you...but I think not tonight. I have omelet breath." ZOUNDS! I was relieved that he said "not tonight". But then I said, "I don't know how to kiss." So he knew I was a VL. (He had an omelet at Shari's) So anyway, tonight he took me home after playing capture the flag with many others. Tonight he looked so good...Mmmm! He also bought good smelling stuff. The stuff that I helped pick out. He walked me to my door, where he said, "To kiss or not to kiss? It's up to you." I wanted to! But I didn't. So I said something to the effect of "I've never kissed before. But I want you to be the first. Just don't judge too harshly..." So, he leaned in...I watched his lips. Ours connected...I was kissing him...I laughed. Then he kissed me again. This time I got a lot of beard. There was even a third kiss. I never got good. But the thing is...it wasn't all that exciting. It was a bit wet, and kind of weird, but it didn't even really compare to hugging. I didn't get profound butterflies or anything.
I get to see him tomorrow. Well, it is 2:00 A.M. already. I really need to go to sleep. G'night!

And there are the details of my first kiss. See why I say not to judge too harshly? By the way, this happened on my brother's birthday, making the date easy to remember. So every year when Chris's birthday rolls around I also make mention of our first kiss anniversary.
I think I used more exclamation marks in this entry than anywhere else in my journal. It seemed rather discombobulated too. Like, the fact that he had omelets for dinner came a few sentences after the mention of omelet breath.
If you don't know what VL means...too bad for you. It's already embarrassing enough that I give you all the details of exactly what I said and how stupid I sounded. And these were extremely chaste kisses, okay? Just 'cause I "got a lot of beard" the second time doesn't mean I was swallowing him in my passion, I just hadn't gotten the hang of the whole aiming thing. :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

LOL! I love it! I have been waiting for the "first kiss"! Can't wait for more!

Martha said...

These have been fun to read, Melanie! You are so brave for posting your journal...I don't think I could. :)
If I get to come to the reunion it will be fun to meet you IRL. I already love what I know about you from your blog.

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

oooo la la

Do you think it boosted Aaron's machismo to know you were VL?

I think it made KEVIN feel also sorts of studly to find out the same about me, only after the fact. On the other hand, maybe it scared him to death like "oh boy, she's 23 and this is her first kiss. Now I have to marry her."

That's right, bub. You better mean business.

Stephanie said...

oh my funniness. Melanie you're so funny. I did catch your oddly placed parenthetic explanation. Swallowing him in your passion??! Hahahaha.
Jana you're so funny.