Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birthday hats!

From his Nelson Grandparents and Aunts, Morgan got a really cool gift for his birthday. Hats! Also, the book, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew, I think it's called, by Dr. Suess. Very clever. The hats are totally fun though, so we took a picture with all of them. They aren't all very good, but the camera was dying and having a hard time taking pictures.
After I took the photos we just sat and played for awhile. Morgan would jam a hat onto my bigger head and then put one on himself. Then he would rip it off of me, and replace it with another. He would have gone on forever if I was patient enough.
Even now, Morgan just saw the pictures of him and the hats and ran and got one for himself and me.

Here's the royal crown. (Mom Martin, recognize the shirt? Also a gift.)


This Oriental one might be Morgan's favorite. It was the first one he wanted to try on when he unwrapped the present.

This is how Morgan put this hat on. I had nothing to do with it. If he wants to be an 80's/90's cool dude, who am I to interfere? Maybe that's how the cool engineers wore the hats anyway.

This one he calls the "kitty hat."

I love this hat! I might wear it on Halloween. In fact, it would go well with Morgan's costume. He could wear this instead of the cowboy hat and it would still look good. Even the engineer hat would work.

If you can't decide which one to wear, why narrow it down? Two is great!

And of course, the fireman hat. Where would a little boy be without a fireman hat?

Thanks Nelsons! We love the gift!

8 comments:

Candice said...

I LOVE IT!!! That boy is eating it up! I love the cheesy grin for the camera. What a ham! And Nelsons, since I know you'll read this :), where does one find so many wonderful hats? Happy BDay Morgan dude!

Smullin Family said...

What a COOL present!!! I love the idea...maybe I'll have to steal it...atleast the idea of it. :o)

Happy Birthday Morgan!

PS-I remember meeting Morgan for the first time, at the Ison FHE, where you had him dressed up in a Santa outfit. So cute.

Anonymous said...

When I was a teen I had a whole mess of hats. I worked at a Boy Scout camp and each day would wear a different one. I'm glad Morgan loves the hats. I'mn sure he'll also love the book, even though it has a lot of words for a Dr. Suess.

Dad Nelson

jjertmann said...

That is a sweet gift! What little kid wouldn't love that? Cute pics, as always!

tmataitusi said...

What an adorable, wonderful and perfect gift for Morgan! Love it! Jana, where'd you get such great hats? Surely you could not have done THAT much shopping? I know how you love shopping. Then again, you could probably shop for hours for Morgan!!! You're such a grandma!!!! Love you!

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

No kidding, I don't love shopping. But most of these hats were at Zurchers (party store). Chanel, who loves to shop, bought the fireman and engineers hats. Don't know where.

Before Zurchers, she & I went to all the costume shops in Boise. Now THERE'S where you can find hats if you don't mind paying $30 bucks a pop. Forget that.

Excellent prices @ Zurchers.

Sara said...

Those are a lot of hats! How fun to play with though.

Arianne said...

What a great gift idea, he looks like he's having a blast with them! I may have to check out Zurchers next time I'm in ID.