Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Clearly not meant to cut hair

My parents were always the ones to cut the hair of my brothers. Many people I know cut their sons hair. Why not me? Well it might help if I had the proper equipment, but I do not. I have a beard trimmer. This does not ensure that you don't cut too close to the head.
Morgan's hair was looking scraggly. Too long over the ears and the back of the neck. So I decided to straighten it up a little. With the beard trimmer. It was going okay, sort of, nothing too embarrassing. Then out of no where Morgan would jerk his head back into the trimmers. Ack! Bald spot. Then continue, run smoothlyish, jerk head, bald spot. This poor kid looks like he took scissors to his own head! To make matters worse, the beard trimmer ran out of battery power mid cut and we don't know where the power cord is to charge it back up! So the sides of his head are uneven. Gah! Worse haircut yet.

Morgan sitting in the sink with all his hair trimmings. I got out the vacuum and used the hose to clean up his back, which, though it's hard to tell in this picture, was covered with fine little blond hairs.

You can kind of see how uneven and bad and bald it looks.

Our camera doesn't take very good quality pictures. This side of his head turned out pretty bad. Never again! I just saw a child haircut place the other day, so maybe I'll take him in to get it cleaned up.

3 comments:

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

Clearly meant to take funny photos, though. Loved the close-up. He looks like a real checkerboard.

Paige Turnbow said...

invest $10 to $20 on some trimmers and it makes the whole ordeal much easier. I've made some bad mistakes on boyfriend's hair before.

Wayne said...

Don't give up Melanie, it only gets easier. I agree with Paige, real trimmers will make easy work of it. Scissors work well on fine hair. You probably want the rounded nose for a head mover.