Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh, the suspense!

So, guess what I did awhile ago.
Oh, did you finally convert your little tapes of home video to DVD?
No.
Did you find the inner-woman in you and learn to can fruit, learn to sew, and decorate your house with crafty artsy things that you made yourself?
Uh, nope.
Organize your closet?
No, but thought about it!

Okay, I'll tell you. I signed up for the Disney movie club. Bah! We got the advertising junk mail that I would usually throw away, but instead I opened it. I looked at the proposed plan and in my mind picked out the movies I would get, theoretically, if I were to actually sign up. Then I kept the packet on my counter for a long time until Aaron asked if I'd signed up yet. That was enough permission for me!
I just got our first shipment in the mail. It was six movies for a total of only $25. To fulfill my club obligation I still have to buy two more and they will be closer to $20 a pop, but six movies for $25!


We'd originally planned to give Morgan three movies for his birthday and then three for Christmas. But by-golly I have a hard time waiting! And apparently, so does Aaron. So we decided that two movies for each event would be good enough. So last night we watched Robin Hood and today we watched A Bug's Life. We're saving Car's for his birthday, because we know he will love it. We also got Toy Story, Finding Nemo and Monster's Inc.
But there is a downside. Morgan loved A Bug's Life so much that he now is screaming in his crib, (instead of napping) because he wants to watch his "uhvie."

He's also taken a liking to watching his movies as close to the TV as he can get. We used to always get scolded for doing that, with a threat of ruined eye sight. Is that true?

3 comments:

tmataitusi said...

Is he the cutest ever, or what? I love to watch "uhvies" too. In fact, many a nap has been foiled by the overwhelming desire to watch Pride and Prejudice "one more time." I can totally relate!

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

Ooooh, this makes me just want to sit down with him and watch a movie. Toy Story

Sara said...

I've thought about joining that club! I want to start my Disney collection too. Morgan is pretty cute!