Thursday, February 12, 2009

As good as it gets

Aaron and I teach primary. We have the kids turning ten this year. As incentive for them to bring their scriptures to class we decided to make them charts. After eight weeks of bringing their scriptures they will get a candy bar of their choice.
Now, we all know that I'm not one of those crafty people, but I wanted to make these charts cute. So, I got out my dusty scrapbooking kit and found some colored paper and went to it. Looking at the completed work, I can see that they would be cuter, if, say, the lines were straight and even, and if their names weren't written on with my childish handwriting. I can see that it would be improved with the letters cut-out and glued on. But I had no interest in cutting out each individual letter. So this is what they'll get. And they're young enough that they probably won't care. And most of them are boys anyway.

2 comments:

jjertmann said...

Aww, cute. Good job!

Jana Lee Bumblebee said...

O Melanie, you're a crafter after my
own heart.