Friday, February 27, 2009

Rejected!

It already came. I was expecting it and so wasn't disappointed when it arrived. It was actually almost more of an excited. Like, "Wow! I'm important enough to get a letter telling me I'm a loser!"

Here is my first rejection letter in it's entirety.

Thanks for your query, but I'm sorry to say I'm not the right agent for your book. I wish you the best of luck in your search for representation.

Sincerely,

Maya Rock


And there you go. Not important enough to have my name at the top of the letter, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. (Personally I always thought that if I couldn't have my cake and eat it too, I would just eat it and let it be someone else's. I don't care if it's my cake, as long as I get to eat it, I'm good. A nice, dense, moist, layered chocolate please.)

So now I've got to get that daggum synopsis in good shape so I can send out more queries so I can get more rejections. *SIGH*

5 comments:

Momnerd said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry! I have thought many times about writing books and have many ideas but I've been too scared of just this thing. But it is better to try and fail than to not try at all! Keep trying!

Stephanie said...

Yes! You're official! Congratulations on your rejection!! There are very very few writers who get their stuff published on the first try. And those who do sometimes never get published again (like the fellow who wrote Jaws -- one hit wonder. Published first try, but then couldn't seem to get anyone to like anymore of his stuff).
Anyway, save that letter. Be proud of that letter. How many of your friends can say they've been rejected by a publisher (besides me, of course, hehe)? It's cool!

Lora Dawn said...

I love your courage, Melanie.
You go, girl.

Luke said...

wooo! That's awesome! You should start a binder. Stephen King did, he had it completely full before he sold anything at all.

I am planning on doing the same, though I only have one rejection letter as well. We could have a race! It's my goal to have enough rejection letters to wall paper my bedroom for the winter.

Deborah Austin said...

Awesome that you are even attempting keep trying don't let anyone tell you no. What an exciting thing I'll read it:)

Good luck with getting it published!